Leader of economic actors in the agro-food industry in Burkina Faso, SN SOSUCO (New Sugar Company of Comoé) has a direct and major impact on the development of the city of Banfora and the entire Cascades region (South-West of Burkina Faso).
Its main purpose is:
- The cultivation of sugar cane,
- The manufacture of blond or refined sugar in granules and in pieces,
- The packaging and sale of sugar on the national market and for export,
- Experimenting with new cultures,
- The recovery and sale of sugar by-products such as pharmaceutical alcohol made from molasses by the distillery.
With a workforce of more than 1,500 employees and more than 10,500 indirect jobs, SN SOSUCO is the leading private employer in Burkina Faso.